Thursday, May 29, 2014

Kerry: Snowden should Manning up and come back to the US

Hours ahead of Brian William's interview with Edward Snowden, John Kerry was out salting the earth:
"He should man up and come back to the United States if he has a complaint about what’s the matter with American surveillance. Come back here and stand in our system of justice and make his case."
I like the "if he has a complaint" bit. That's what makes it poetry. Kerry's tone deafness is clearly highlighted in the picture in the article:
I can't hear you over my own talking points.
I too would like it if Snowden came back to the US and martyred himself so that the massive US global surveillance apparatus would have its day in court. But given how the other whistleblowers have been treated, I can see why he'd worry about his fate and the efficiency of that sacrifice. So go ahead and tell Snowden:






No comments:

Post a Comment